* This post contains affiliate links, Which means if you purchase something after clicking my link I will receive commission*
Hello, My Charmed Ones!
With Avery, I bought 2 carriers to babywear her. I purchased the Lillebaby complete all seasons, as well as the Moby Wrap. I used the Moby Wrap all the time when she was an infant. I loved that she could be close to my heart while I was chasing her older brother. When she turned 6 months I started with the Lille baby carrier.
I’ve compiled a list of 10 great reasons to baby wear. Both by my own experience and by reasons other people have told me.
- Babywearing creates an environment your baby feels safe and warm in. After spending 9 months in the womb being out in a big cold world it completely overstimulates them. Which in turn makes them cranky for you.
- While you have your baby so close to you, you are hands-free which means you can get things done. For me, this meant interacting with Landon as I could but full attention on him while Avery felt comfortable.
- Studies show babies who are held cry less. In fact, 45% to 50% less than babies who aren’t held as much.
- Babywearing reduces postpartum depression. I haven’t found real factual evidence of why or how it does but it helped me out a lot.
- It can be positive in your babies development. And a great alternative to car seats, swings, and the floor which can lead to flat heads. As well as it will promote healthy hip development.
- Babywearing is great for those tiny humans who have colic or reflux. Because when they are in the carrier they are in an upright position which helps their tummy, and they don’t spit up as much.
- You can breastfeed while your baby is in the baby carrier. And if you become a real pro at it no one will even know you did it!
- With the baby so close your eye-line they will get more interaction and conversation with you opposed to the floor or car seat.
- When you babywear it will be less likely someone will come and pick up your baby or get in their face which will, in turn, keep germs away from your precious bundle of joy!
- Babywearing will cause you to bond with your baby. In the hospital, they told you to do lots of skin to skin. Well, this is the same concept. Baby will be warm and comfortable on your chest. Which will cause an unbreakable bond between you and your baby!
There’s Probably 100’s of positive benefits to babywearing. These are just the most popular benefits to babywear.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN THIS IMAGE FOR LATER!